- When you use this site, we may collect information about you and your pets, including personally identifiable information such as your name, address, and other contact information. When necessary, we may also collect information about your pet, such as his/her name, weight, age, and other medical information.
- We will collect and retain this information only as necessary to fulfill your orders and comply with US pharmacy regulations.
- We are committed to keeping your information safe and secure, and to respecting your privacy.
- We will never sell or redistribute your personal information to third parties, except as necessary to fulfill your order(s).
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only share your personal information as required to process your order. We will never sell or distribute your personal information to outside sources for other purposes.
- Personal information will not be released to law enforcement except as required by appropriate legal process such as a subpoena, court order, or other valid legal process.
- Our policy is to notify users of requests for their information prior to disclosure unless we are prohibited from doing so by statute or court order (e.g., an order under 18 U.S.C. § 2705(b)).
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
We will keep your data for as long as necessary for the purposes it was collected for. For example, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services; and after that, we will keep the personal information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to your account. We will periodically review the personal information we hold and delete it securely, or anonymize it, when there is no longer a legal, business, or consumer need for it to be retained.
Here are some examples of the reasons we may need to retain customer data.
- To fulfill orders by shipping them to the address specified
- To verify medical details and pet ownership with veterinarians when authorizing or refilling prescription orders
- To provide customers ongoing access to their account on our site and order history
- To respond to claims and issues with previous orders
- To notify affected customers in the event of a manufacturer recall
- To comply with US state and federal pharmacy law
- To refine and improve the customer experience on our site
Marketing & Email
- We do not and will never sell or redistribute your personal information to third parties, except as necessary to fulfill your order(s).
- We communicate with all customers via email about your order and order status. This includes sending a receipt and tracking information for your order. If any circumstances arise concerning your order which oblige us to contact you, we may reach out to you directly via email or by phone. If you purchase from us, you cannot opt out of these emails as they are necessary to the operation of our business (and to communicating important information to you about your purchase!)
- During checkout, and on other parts of the site, customers may opt in to receive email communcations about special offers from us. Subscribers may elect to unsubscribe from these communications at any time, and we will honor your request to unsubscribe immediately and never contact you about offers again. We honor and abide by all opt outs.
- We may use third-party networks, such as Google, to advertise and promote special offers, including to customers who did not complete a purchase on our site. These services may present offers to previous visitors of our site using tracking information which is cookie-based and does not contain personal information. We do not transmit any personally identifying information to these third parties (such as your name, address, email, and other sensitive information).
Your right to privacy
If you live in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. If you wish to exercise these rights with regards to your personal data that we hold, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country. These include:
- The right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights (which is why we are providing you with the information in this Policy).
- The right to obtain access to your information (if we are processing it).
- The right to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can do this through your account page or by contacting us.
- The right to "block" or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be 'blocked' to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to request that we delete or remove your data where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e., if you no longer want to be contacted with potential opportunities).
- If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection regulator.
Pursuant to applicable data protection law, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request. To make these requests with us, please submit your name, address, and email address, in addition to the specifics of your request, to email@example.com.
For services and websites used by residents of the European Economic Area, Veterinary Internet Company, LLC is the data controller responsible for your personal data. For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.